Working at GWCU
Our success is built on the efforts of our team, dedicated to providing the best possible service to our members and our communities. Current opportunities are listed here.
Who we are
Great Western Credit Union (GWCU) is a mission-led, financial services co-operative. We are dedicated to making our communities better off by providing ethical savings and fair loans to people and organisations across a large part of the South West. We're owned and controlled by our customers who are members and we offer banking services in a way that is fair and inclusive, and that strengthens our local communities and economies.
We operate from two locations in central Bristol and a further location in central Dorchester.Find out more
We offer flexible working in a positive, supportive environment and fully support working from home. If working from the office suits you better, our central Bristol HQ just 5 minutes from Cabot Circus. We embrace diversity in the workplace and are proud to be a Living Wage Foundation accredited employer. Other benefits include:
- Climate Perks - extra time off for low carbon travel
- GWCU pension contributions on total earnings
- Combined Private Medical Insurance and Health Cash Plan
- Death in Service benefit – 3 times salary paid to next of kin
- Income protection insurance – 75% of salary paid for up to 2 years if long term ill
- 25 days plus bank holidays (FTE) per annum and a day off on your birthday
How spending has changed post-pandemic
A look at how spending has changed in light of the upcoming recession
Summer opening hours
Changes to opening hours at our branches to accommodate staff holiday