We're looking for someone who can provide excellent customer service to existing and potential members of GWCU
Salary: £18,000 - £26,000 scaled based on experience
Working pattern: 37.5 hours per week – Generally 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Closing date: 16 September 2021
Great Western Credit Union (GWCU) helps people become better off together by providing ethical financial services for people and organisations across a large part of the South West. We're owned and controlled by our customers who are members and we exist solely to provide services for them. We operate from two locations in central Bristol and a further location in central Dorchester.
We’re currently growing fast and we need your skills and experience to help us deliver great service to our members whilst managing increasing volumes of communications across our range of contact channels.
The purpose of this job is to work within the Member Services team delivering excellent service to GWCU members, via all member communication channels.
Core duties for this particular role which may be delivered by telephone, email and online:
- Maintain high and accurate standards of member service and adhere to defined service levels and procedure manual.
- Support members with the completion of application forms and any other queries.
- Build relationships with the customers and the team.
- Continually identify potential risks i.e. Money Laundering, Data Security and Fraud.
- Follow member service, compliance, audit and security processes and procedures.
- Seek continually to update knowledge on all products and services i.e. Member Portal, Loan assessment, Engage, Savings, Dividends.
- Using the Digital systems to answer any member enquires on logging onto the portal, account balance or transaction requests.
- Limited processing requests for payments to and from the members’ accounts as members are migrated to the Portal
- Fulfilling administrative functions to support all accounts
- Occasional cash handling if branch based
- Be prepared to resolve complicated queries or situations which may include dealing with vulnerable members.
- Ensure that all member contact is courteous and helpful in line with the Respect Policy.
- Proactively take ownership of own development needs and remain up to date on training, particularly in regard to compliance requirements as per GWCU policies on:
- Maintaining customer due diligence regarding ‘anti money laundering’
- ‘Know your customer’ procedures
- Member complaints – Complaints Oversight Committee
- Checks and controls.
- Health and Safety
- Actively share best practise across the Member Services team and contribute to enhancements
Flexible working in a positive, supportive environment. Living Wage Foundation accredited employer. 3x salary death in service benefit; GWCU pension contributions on total earnings; ClimatePerks extra time off for low carbon travel; interest free season ticket loans.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you have applied for this role to email@example.com